Tim and Greg -
I'm starting to think that maybe my '54 has inner fenders from an earlier model, or possibly reproductions.
I searched Gus and Denny G's photo albums of their 1950s. Their terminal blocks are mounted near horizontal, like mine. Although their mounting holes are on raised "pillows"; mine are flat to the inner fender.
Gus driver (1950)Gus #2 (1950)Denny G driver (1950)Denny G passenger(1950)Mine drivers side in process (1954?)I found holes in my inner fenders that would allow the terminal block to be mounted diagonally vertical like yours, but the holes are 3-1/2" apart. Too far for a four-terminal block.
>> How far apart are the mounting holes on your 4-terminal blocks? and 3-terminal blocks?
So - I'm mounting my blocks horizontally for now. I'll try to leave some slack in the wiring so that I can convert to vertical later, assuming I learn how to do it without drilling new holes.
The panel behind the grill is not drilled to hold the clip for the parking light wire. Another clue that my inner fenders may be from an earlier model. I'll drill a couple of holes for the clips.
Whew! I see why I was so flabbergasted. I was trying to see things that are not there.
I finally think that I'll get my truck back together in time to go to the Daytona Spring Turkey Run Mar 29+. And definitely in time to cruise Wayne's Florida gabfest Apr 21.
I really appreciate the time and effort you spent trying to get me on the right path.