Greg -
Those are great pics. They answer the rest of my questions. Thanks for going the extra mile to help me. I'm convenced now that my inner fenders are from an earlier year truck. The mounting holes for the terminal blocks are totally different.
Got tired trying figure out how to do it the "right" way, so I'm wiring two new 3-terminal blocks on my '54 in the 1950ish horizontal positions that match the mounting holes in my inner fenders. I should finish the headlights and parking light wiring tomorrow. Later, I can buy a 4-terminal block for the driver side, drill new holes, and mount as a '54 like the pics that you and Tim posted. I saved the pics to guide me when I make the change.
Just a SWAG - - I'm speculating that GM changed the 3-terminal block on the drivers side to 4-terminals in '54 when the horn was moved from the intake manifold to the radiator support. The position of the block was probably changed from horizontal to vertical because it makes a cleaner hook up.
Oh, one more thing ... will I need to remove my fender braces when I change the terminal blocks so that my '54 will look like yours!! Guess you had to remove them to make room for those two big ol' oil bath air cleaners on that classic Offy dual carb set up. I really like the way they look.
- Lonnie
My '54 3104Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.
OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all