| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Peggy M, mick53, cmayna, Lostbuthaulinass, RaNfLaS, Southerntruck, JW51),
181
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,285 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 1,554 | I just finished rebuilding my 41 3speed which should be the same as your 46. Second and third are syhchronized, I got some of my parts out of a newer transmission 58-59, cluster gear and reverse idler were the same, the newer trans had a four lug synchro, I just cut it down to 2 and it looks the same as the old one now. I think I used the sliding clutch out of the newer trans also but had to machine down the sliding gear because it was too wide. I haven't put it back into the truck yet. I had to take some time to find new or good used parts such as the input gear and the main shaft but I found them.
I can't help you with the other questions, others will come along and help with that. Dave 1941 Chevy"First rebuild - complete!"Follow the story in the DITY1941 GMC resting peacefully 1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete 1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration 1941 Plymouth stock complete 1941 GMC COE in restoration processRead his Project Journal1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
| | |
| |
| |