I have a 1950 'driver' that I have the engine out and the front clip off and the bed off. I know, might as well just pull the cab too!!!
OK, so my questions are about painting the frame, etc.. I am in the process of cleaning up the frame (wire brush, pressure wash, etc etc etc...) Under the cap shows some surface rust so I've been told to use some POR 15 on it as well as the front sides (not sure what it's called) where the fenders attach. What about the frame, springs, etc..? I was going to just brush the POR 15 on so now would be the time to do it. OR should I just use POR 15 on the under side of the cab and just use spray enamal on the frame? For the underside of the front clip including fenders, the inner fenders, the firewall, I was just going to use flat black enamal. The engine is gray so that would give me some contrast and just look cleaner.
Ideas, suggestions?
Here's a link to my album
my stovebolt...