I agree with Cletis, but you can keep the original frame and do some upgrades to it like disc brakes, new master cylinder, power steering and a bunch more. I was going to go with a S10 setup on my truck but decided against it. The reason being is that I like the original look of my truck. And with most s10 setups the truck will sit differntly. And there is a lot of work involved doing it yourself. I know a man here local that quit his day job to just do rstoration work he had started as a hobby but he was making such good money he turned it into a full time job. All he mainly does is S10 conversions and he has a year back log. You can go to a site called Chasis Engineering and they carry all the stuff you would need to do the conversion. I think they sell a kit for $1500 or $1800 that will give you everything you need but the S10 frame. If i remember right you will need a extended cab frame to do the conversion. You can fab all the parts you will need for the conversion yourself though if you have the skills and the equipment. I just went ahead and left my original frame under neath and did a brake, disc, powers steering, and steering column conversion. it wasn't hard to do and run me around $1600 to do all of it. the truck drives real good. i can turn the steering whell with one finger at a stand still. And the brakes stop on a dime.
Last edited by tracern1; 03/08/2012 11:59 PM.