First off, the hub. The backside looks to be in great shape in my opinion. The front side doesn't look bad either. As far as the "ears" not being centered, I wouldn't worry about it. The hub was poured as a rough casting and then machined, it's just shows how inaccurate rough casting is. If you are suspicious at all of a problem. I would take it to a maching shop and have it checked for out of round.
The spindle on the other hand is an entirely different issue. The blue area you are seeing, appears to be caused by a torch. I'm guessig that whoever did the hatchet job tried heating the center portion of the bearing up to get it off. Take some emery paper to it and try to smooth it out. You shouldn't have to force it on.
Now, onto the dust shield. The inner wheel bearing should fit tight up against it. The shield shouldn't flop around at all. If it is flopping around, then your bearing isn't seated properly.
Lastly, filling the center with grease. This is just a personal preference. Some guys will say yes, some no. At the shop I used to work at, we would pack the bearing and then istall the hub with the seal and inner bearing installed. We would put a glob of grease inside the hub, but not fill it, before we installed the outer bearing.