Hello!

A few weeks earlier I posted about my 12V conversion w/someone else's wiring job. Thanks to all for their help.

Here's where I am...A 10ga red wire now goes from the starter/batt terminal to the back of the ammeter (right hand terminal, looking at front of the meter). The other side of the ammeter now has 3 leads, 1 going to the ignition switch, one to the light switch, and one to the batt terminal on the 12V voltage regulator.

The truck starts, all the lights work, signals work, everything appears to be in order...BUT...
The ammeter doesn't move at all when I start and run the truck, run the lights, etc. NOTHING...not even a jiggle, no matter what I do.

Yes, I did polarize the new voltage regulator by bridging the batt and arm terminals for about 2 seconds.

How can I tell if the ammeter is bad? I know that it's supposed to show a slight discharge after starting, then slowly move back to center as the voltage regulator does it's thing and allows the battery to charge, and move a bit toward discharge when I'm operating an accesory. It now looks like its glued in place, so I'm pretty sure it's not working.

Any advice?

Thanks...

Chris

Last edited by Barsteel; 03/07/2012 8:36 PM.