| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,134 Posts1,056,401 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | I wonder if that rear wasn't a Chev only thing meant for vocational use such as a mixer. GMC only used the corporate rear up to the 370 model. The 400 and larger used either a Rockwell or Eaton. Eaton had a similar looking contraption, but went to a through shaft like Rockwell. I have GMC books from 1955 through the early 60's from the 100 series up to the 970 series, and I don't see anything like this Chev has. | | |
| |
| |