| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (Nick in Manitou, Gray_Ghost, Shade Baby, J Lucas, TUTS 59, Bill Hanlon, papas52, 2 invisible),
120
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,119 Posts1,056,313 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#8272 01/27/2002 11:02 PM | Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 19 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jul 2001 Posts: 19 | I bought a 3/4 ton eaton rear end out of a 72 chevy that I am going to swap third members with a 50 1 ton to get 4.10 gears. The 72 axle has wider brakes than the 50 does. Is it possible to swap rear hubs on these axles? I would also have to swap backing plates and the entire brake assembly. The outer bearing # is B11630 and the inner bearing # is O11784 on the 72 axle. I have not torn into the 50 axle yet but I have an interchange manual that says the outer bearing # should be B11630 and the inner # should be D11786. The outer bearing # matches. Or, should I just weld spring mounts on the 72 axle and use the entire axle? Thanks | | |
| |
| |