bbfr,

After reading your post with numbers I went back to the books and I see I made mistakes!

I gave the Part Number for 1934 (600372) not the casting number which IS the same as 1933 (837231).

What threw me off is 1933 and 34 have different part numbers, so you would think the casting numbers would be different as well.

One of my books lists the following info for 1933 Cylinder Block..."1933 ALL (casting number 837231 - no valve clearance cutout on top of cylinder)...p/n 364314". So maybe that's the difference?

I also gave you the 1/2 ton truck spring centers, not the 1-1/2 ton which are the same as 1933 (so nothing to compare there).

Lets look at the Head Casting numbers (I'll try to get this right...lol).

1933 is 836961

1934 is 837230

Your casting date also makes it a 1934 "G-23-4" (July 23, 1934) which would be right in line for a truck built in August.

They also made a change in the Steering Arms between 1933 and 1934. The forged arm is round between the two bolts (where it bolts to the spindle) on 1933 and squared off with round corners in 1934.

The Frame was also changed in 1934. The kick up over the rear wheels was eliminated making the top of the frame rails flat from the cab back.

Sorry for yesterdays confusion...I'll edit the post above to make it right for the archives...

Mike B smile



Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD