Hi folks. If this is a repeat of a post in the past, I apologize in advance, but I don't much care to do an extensive search.
I have a 1952 3/4 ton GMC pickup, and I have a little bit of a wheel bearing issue on the front wheels. I just checked the prices on front wheel bearings at Napa, and I'm glad I was sitting down.
Napa auto parts wants $114 apiece for outer wheel bearings and $109 apiece for inner wheel bearings. That's $446, just for wheel bearings! Highway robbery?
Does anybody have a better source for wheel bearings? I thought it was just a bunch of ball bearings that you manually change, then reassemble and grease. I don't even think a modern car would cost that much for wheel bearings.
Any help that could be provided would be appreciated. I did check some of the links on this site that seemed applicable and they either didn't go back to 1952, or else they didn't carry wheel bearings.
Thanks.