Grigg,
...I could add a Power Steering pump to the 350sbc and go Hydroboost if you think that would be better. I need to see if they have them in 1-1/2" bore. I'm thinking if I keep the same bore I'll have the same peddal travel...thoughts?
Mike B

That would be better for sure. May or may not be any cheaper, and yes you can get a large enough MC, I'm running 1-5/8" on my truck. Your most economical method of gathering parts is the salvage yard, and new at NAPa is not so bad either. I'd skip the aftermarket vendors if you don't need their tech assistance.
If you also want power steering or already have it then it's a no-brainer, use the hydroboost.
Without a PS gear you can still run bydroboost but you'll need to braze a high pressure return fitting to the pump reservoir (-6 AN/JIC or 3/8" inverted flare).
Excellent info on hydroboosters and a good resource.
http://www.hydratechbraking.com/FAQ.htmlNote this one though...
Q: Can I install this kit if my car does not have power steering?
A: You must have power steering installed and operational in your vehicle in order for this system to operate. If you have installed an aftermarket power steering conversion kit please contact us prior to ordering so that we can equip your kit with the proper length hoses and fittings.
Last time I researched this it wasn't a problem to use a PS pump solely for a hydrobooster. In fact that's the plan for my 1 ton, use a small (model TC I think it's called) PS pump so it'll fit nice and clean on the little Detroit.
Grigg