This week I purchased a 60’ Apache fleet side short bed with what I assume is the original straight 6. The truck is the same age as I am and it looks like it might be in a little better shape. The extent of my experience with old trucks was owning a 49’ Willys flat grille pick up back in high school so forgive me if the questions are a bit basic.

After 10 miles of driving I have discovered oil in the radiator. Back in 05 there was one string posted here on this subject with lots of possible causes but the owner didn’t post the outcome. There is no water in the oil and it has what looks like a new water pump so I’m hoping it is something related. Any one out there have this come up before?

This truck was also lowered in what I expect is the normal fashion. Blocks and shims between the rear axel and springs and in the front, the nut on the stud retaining the torsion bar lever arms have been backed off almost to the end of the thread. I had intended to simply remove the blocks and tighten the torsion bars back down. Is there a spec for this or anything I should look out for?

Thanks,

Bob J