@bigbadswingdaddy, You're not kidding the NV4500 is pricey at $1000 to $3500 for the transmission alone, they must be made of solid gold! The 3500s can be had for a bit less, but they get you into hydraulic clutches and yet more hassles. The A833 has been around so long that the bugs are out and I'm sure a clutch can be made up but you're putting a Chrysler tranny in a Chevy so you have to work out the adapters and shifter, as well as drive shaft. The Astro Vans weigh 3800+ dead empty and gross out at 7500. According to Randy Luton they came with a 4.3 and a T-5 in '84 -'89, or almost EXACTLY the same as my '69 panel and it has a 4.1L 155hp in line 6! I think I'll change the drive shaft and go with the T-5! I'll still have to have a 2 piece drive shaft because it runs through the rear cross member! Thanks for everyone's input.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Les