| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,077 Posts1,056,281 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 42 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2011 Posts: 42 | Correct - GMC motor into 1949 or 1950 GMC 1/2 ton. I am swapping out the 228 and will be replacing with the 270. I presume you have a GMC truck for the GMC engine.
I got a new front pulley/harmonic damper for my 302, same as 270, from a 292 Chevy engine, same shaft, keyway dims; 2 groove pulley, 3/8 belt. I have heard of 3 groove pulleys, but didn't need that. Machined a little off the end so it would line up w/ 302 water pump, alternator. I couldn't find another modern harmonic damper.
Be the person you would want as a friend because at the end of the game the King and Pawn go in the same box.
| | |
| |
| |