Looks like I have added another truck to my collection. This is a 1965 Chevy C30 Dump Truck. This will be my workhorse for working on the other trucks and also around the house. This truck has already hauled 2 yards of RCA, 3 yards of mulch, a yard of firewood, 500lbs of scrape steel and a few other loads.
I bought the truck from the son of the original owner here on Long Island. This was the first and only 'New' truck the father ever bought! They used it for various jobs including a landscaping business. The truck was sitting in their garage since 2002. The son was using Craigslist for several years trying to sell her. I have been watching her for several years. The first attempt to contact the seller did not pan out, but obviously, the last one did.
I took the truck home and the first thing I did was take off the old sides used for the landscaping business. They were an eye sore. I then went to work getting her to run and stop properly. There is still more work to be done, but for now, she is working again.
I have replaced all 6 tires and rims. The old rims were size 17.5 which are hard to find and expensive when you do find tires. The old tires looked good, but had flat spots in them. I cleaned up the rear frame and bed and painted them. The bed is clean as it was replaced. I also put on an old tool box under the bed. I replace the rear lights with original lens. I love those old big red eyes in the back! The engine is a 292 that was installed new back in 1977. I replaced the exhaust to help with the output and rebuilt the carburetor to improve the input.