OK I got the drum off by just slacking the adjuster. The bottom cylinder (1 3/4") was the leaker and had rust and pits in it. So I pulled it off and went to Carquest (which is my favorite FLAPS) because the old guys there can find JUST ABOUT anything. I told them what it was for and they could not find one from the catalog or looking the part # up in the computer. They said take it to the machine shop and get it honed out to 1 7/8" which they could get a kit for. The machine shop said $100 to $120 plus then I have to do the $24 rebuild kit. I went to N#PA (which I am not to fond of) and they said "yea we can get it here by 9:00 tommorrow". And this was on Fri. so Sat I go pick up my $57 part and get ready to install.
Page Two
It looks mostly the same and has the same # stamped into it but the threads are different. The old one has the bleeder screw and an inverted flare (or whatever you call it) for the incoming line. The new one both ports are really deep like for the bleeder screw. I took it back to N#PA and the could not get anything to screw into the deep port to adapt it to the line. Has anyone else come across this? What did you do? My next best hope is go to a Hydrauli hose shop Monday and hope they can figure out what thred it is and how to make something work.
Sorry so long but thanks for reading and responding.


My new 1949 Chevy One Ton Dump Truck. Still have it but parked, needs a new motor.
1953 2 ton parts truck Long Gone
1957 GMC LCF On 75 Cadillac Eldorado Frame
Updated Feb 2021