That's interesting. I guess my goal of one day finding a 6v CB for my truck may happen after all! Its funny you remember the license # Bill. When I started working for my Dad's construction company, our trucks had XJ radios in them. I recall our 1 Ton being XJ 43072 Calgary, I always liked making calls on that radio while shifting gears. The newer trucks had Mobile phones installed, that would honk the horn when they rang. I liked those big handsets.

Back on topic, I'll keep my eyes peeled this summer while at the swapmeets. I figure once I have a CB radio, surely it will be easy to convince everyone else I know to instal one.

Fred, is that low plate voltage called "space charge". I remember reading about that maybe on the ARF. Frankly it's a bit over my head, as I only have an idea of what happens in tubes, not an in depth knowledge. When you get into transistors, I'm lost. They are so tiny.

Last edited by Mr. Lang; 12/10/2011 2:59 AM.

Christopher
1950 1-Ton
"Rochester"
In the Gallery
In the DITY Gallery

1949 GMC Panel Truck
1926 Model TT Truck