Okay I went ahead and bought a replacement frame for the windshield. I would have liked to keep the original but it will take quite a bit of work to make it right. So I will use the one I bought till I can find a original or fix the one that i Have. Here are my q's

Does the weather stripping go around all four sides of the glass? This is the rubber that fits between the frame and the glass. You wrap it around the glass before you slide it it the frame. Mine was almost non existent, and I'm not sure it was correct in the first place. It was my understanding that the divider bar with the rubber seal makes the weather seal in the center of the windshield, but if I am wrong please tell me.


Also, after reading some of the posts here I am under the impression that my new frame wont fit??? Is this even possible? I bought a frame from the filling station and it came with the braces that go in the frame. The tech tip here said the one he bought needed to be bent?? Is this still the case??

When I put the new windshield frame rubber on can I freeze it to make it smaller so it will go on easier? I bought the one piece. Any suggestions before I put it all together?


Thanks, Dan

Is there a trick I need to know before I do this?


Trombones Totem Poles And Old Trucks!