| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
83
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,566 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 337 | The only potential problem with chroming springs is hydrogen embrittlement which can eventually cause the spring to fail if not baked correctly to relieve the hydrogen. I first became aware of this back in the 1970’s when I worked for Peterbilt. One of the major wheel suppliers to the industry dropped all chrome wheels from their line due to failures in the field. I’ve also seen chrome hot rod axles and suspension springs break in service. Of course I’ve also seen about a zillion chrome springs that didn’t break, and losing a hood spring isn’t the same as breaking a suspension part. It’s just something to consider. Here are a few links explaining Hydrogen embrittlement: http://www.bikeguide.org/guides/chrome/http://www.finishing.com/1600-1799/1747.shtmlhttp://www.nmfrc.org/crarchive/jun06a.cfm | | |
| |
| |