Got Sears, lawn boy, and no name B&S push mowers, a Sears rider and three weed whips, two chain saws and a blower and they sit all winter, with fuel in them and start up fine in the spring, 38years now for some of them, wonder why?
Bought a Coleman 5000watt generator in 2000 for the 2k disaster filled it up and start it once a year and run it for 10min. Original gas from seven years ago, wonder why?
I think the myths about varnish and only using fresh gas a few months old are fruit for urban legends. Had a F-150 that sat behind the barn for 15 years and I would start it up only when I needed a load of dirt or lumber, i.e., every couple of years, it always started.
That said, I have used "Sta-Bil" in everything that sits including my airplane for 25years when I talked to the guy that invented it. At the time he was mixing it up in his garage in Chicago and packaging it there. Since then it's been sold to Gold Eagle who also own "Heet"
Denny Graham
Sandwich, IL


Denny G
Sandwich, IL