Fellow 'Bolters:
Today I succeeded in getting all of the sheet metal surrounding the engine off of the '46 6400. The 1962
235 is now ready to be reborn. The last time it was working was 1975. SO, I have been pumping TriFlow into the spark plug holes for a couple of weeks and my
intention is to "nudge" the harmonic balancer a little each day and try to coax it into moving as a first step toward trying to start it. I put bolts into the threaded holes for the puller and took a length of unistrut I had between these two bolts and began this process but it was solid as a rock, I actually bent the bolts a little. Do you have any tips for me? The starter and wiring are completely out of the picture at this point.
Plus. and laugh if you want to, but I am not 100% positive the transmission is in neutral, let alone the rear end or the PTO the drive line goes through. It feels right but maybe yes, maybe no. One thought I had was to disconnect the drive line ahead of the PTO. Back to basics: engine froze, what steps would you take? Thanks a whole bunch for any tips.