It will have
HUCK brakes instead of
BENDIX brakes, it will have
KNEE ACTION SHOCKS instead of tube shocks. Overall they are pretty much the same truck, the body differences are minor. Side vent vs vent window and some trim. I think your front seat out of the 51 is a bit wider and I would make the switch. Between the two trucks you should be able to have a nice ride again.
I got the owner's name and stopped by to talk with him today. He showed me the title after I commented on the vent windows and push button door handles.
He should have the flip down handles and no vent wing windows if it truly a 1949. The speedometer should be 80 MPH and have red needle, the gauges should have red needle also. If it has a 90 MPH speedometer and push button door handles it's a 1952/53. Make sure the title matches the body tag number or you might have some problems registering it. If everything checks out, either a 49 or 52, I think you have a decent deal.