| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (John Dlugos, Buckeye998, Gray_Ghost, Gdads51, dt235sd, rfs56trk, BCBill, Otto Skorzeny, Dusty53),
236
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,172 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2009 Posts: 419 | The Blue Funk, my '51 was hit by a Semi last summer. I've been slowly taking it apart and scouting around for a replacement cab left door/fender/running board, and whatever else I may need. I figured I could have the frame straightened.
There's a '49 pickup I've noticed about 12 miles from my home. I stopped by and gave it a quick once over. It looks good and is pretty much original. There's no engine or transmission in it. It has less rust on it than the Blue Funk when I checked the toe pan and wheel wells.
I got the owner's name and stopped by to talk with him today. He showed me the title after I commented on the vent windows and push button door handles. He told me he'd let it go for $2000. I commented that it his truck was a class 5, according to the Pricing Guide For Chevrolet Trucks, which says it's worth about $1500. He said he'd go ahead and let it go for that price, no less.
So I'm requesting that you guys give me some ins and outs and thises and thats. Such as things I need to consider if I drop the Blue Funk's '57 235 with its '51 4 speed transmission into the '49. And anything else you may want to comment on or question.
I gotta say I'm pretty excited to find one of these old trucks so close to home that appears to be in relatively good condition and is for sale, so nail me to the wall, okay?
Thanks. | | |
| |
| |