Denny,
I had a hard time with the valve cover. After more than a couple of tries, I permatexed 2 gaskets together and then put permatex on the head and installed the gasket on the head. I did NOT glue the cover down, so I could adjust the valves. The head must be super clean before applying the permatex. I had to work on the proper torque on the acorn nuts, but it does not leak. I do get some from the road draft tube,but only under the engine. My rear bearing is dry, but there is a few drops from the hole at the bottom cover. With the flywheel spinning, it could cause a little suction and pull a little from the road draft mist. I have about 1200 miles since the overhaul.
Hope this helps.
Mark


1951 Chevy 3100
Some days you get the bear. Some days the bear gets you.