| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
10 members (Phak1, klhansen, 3800GUY, Still At It, Gdads51, Bill Hanlon, 53&Me, 3 invisible),
90
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,437 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | These Ranco valves are not known as the best shut off valve ever made. I don't think they really did a whole bunch of controlling of the temperature and I don't think they actually did shut the water flow off completely. I think they were really meant to roughly control the temperature and in the warmer weather when you didn’t need the heat you could use the inline shut off valve to kill the flow to the heater core.
Alvin completely unsoldered one of these a while back and can tell you just how good of a seal the valve made. I’ve never taken one down to that level but I did notice that mine didn’t seem to close off the flow all the way either.
DG
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | |
| |
| |