I am going to throw this out to your vast knowledge and experience. I am soon to begin an amateur teardown/rebuild of my late grandfather's 46 half ton 216 into a (hopefully) reliable daily driver that can make safe minimum roadway speeds while bing reasonable on gas. I am curious if anyone has attempted a downsize swap of the 216 for a fourbanger like the GM 2.5 liter distributorless and fuel injected 4 found in the S10. I would probably find a donor and transplant the entire driveline engine to rearend. This may be heresy, but it is still Chevy, is easy to get parts for and simple and longlasting to maintain. I would greatly appreciate any opinions or direction you all could provide. I have owned this truck for 15 years and it has resided next to my father's garage up in Virginia since then. I am going up there to get it next month. Thank you all again for your time and advice. - Chris