I agree with you, in many cases. I have had people give me "parts", also, but when you have two perfectly matched by the numbers, by the casting, NOS Rochester carbs, I will guarantee you, they aren't just laying around the wrecking yards or swap meets. Read what I wrote - "perfectly matched" for a smooth correctly carburetored engine. As far as altered, as long as they are equally altered, I have no problem with that, especially if it is an improvement.

Now, if you just want some Rochester carburetors - I have about four crates of them and, you guessed it, not a one matches any other. I collect them and work on them and it is a rare find to find two that match correctly and perfectly. The other thing I always hear is that it's hard to tune them and keep them "running right". Another incorrect statement, if they match, they will "run right". And if you have any sets of two that are NOS and perfectly matched, with matching numbers, I'd be interested in hearing about them. Based on your comments, I'd expect the price to be right.


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane