Originally Posted by Silverado_9c3
i dont have a big bolt but I have all the same issues in my 1/2 ton having to completely rebuild the front corners. I am trying not to sweat it and just work on one thing at a time but I see it as I have no forward floor as its all rusted though and I have to forward corners once I cut them all apart so when I go back together with the forward corners I have no floor to weld the new stuff to......one thing at a time, one thing at a time, one thing at a time. and I am keeping my fingers crossed it just works out.


Yep... one thing at a time, but I have to admit, I am having a good time doing it and have met a lot of people through my truck. I like to take this work in a relaxed manor so I don't have to learn too big a lesson. Funny how some of the small stuff is the most perplexing. I am still trying to get that side cowl vent door off. I think I have some parts that should be moving but are rusted together (the little pivot pins) I may not get it working until I cut the inner cowl (kick panel) off. I was looking tonight and I might be able to save my inner to outer piece. In my mind that would keep the shape close to original even if I have to re-shape the new cowl pieces.


A day without laughter is a day wasted- Charlie Chaplin
When wrestling a grizzly bear, you have to keep at it until the bear gets tired, not when you get tired.

1948 Chevy 2-Ton