Hello, Sorry for the wordiness. I mentioned I would be asking a lot of questions since this is my first big bolt (48 two ton). I have some questions about patch panels. I have looked at LMC, Jim Carter, Classic Parts of America, The Filling Station, Chevs of the 40's, and Brothers for the parts I will need for the left side of my cab. I will need the inner and outer cowl, the inner to outer cowl panel, the little filler panel where the fenders and cowl meet. Fender welting and fender to body gaskets. Some places call that anti-squeak, or inner fender gaskets.
I will check out who has the best price and availability. I made a little spead sheet. Right now I would like to know about the outer cowl piece. It has the small vent that you can open and close for fresh air. Do you have to cut out the existing door and fit it to the patch panel? On the inside cowl patch, do you have to also save the handle flange and cover for lever that opens and closes the small vent door?
As far as the vent door goses, how do you remove that? Mine is binding and I want to take it off and clean up the hinges. I have taken 4 screws off that I can reach through the door, but it doesn't want to come off. I don't want to force it, but is it possible that the parts are rusted together that should be separate to allow for the door to come off?