| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,227 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 | Ok, so today I did a little more checking. The part number on the flywheel is definitely 2135483. The fly wheel also has GMC cast into and D32. So at least I'm looking for a GMC starter. On a hunch I measured the distance between the teeth on the starter drive gear and on the ring gear on the fly wheel. The drive gear measures 0.35" from tooth to tooth. The ring gear measure 0.32" tooth to tooth. I'm no machinest but I don't think gears will run with that much difference in just one tooth. The teeth on the drive gear are also "taller" than the ring gear, thus they don't fully mesh with each other. The teeth on the drive gear are wore so that they look like ocean waves, if you can picture that, instead of triangles. So now I guess what I need is a lead on the 2135483 part number. Maybe then I can determine which starter I need to start looking for. That failing, anyone have any idea how to find a drive gear that will properly mesh with the ring gear? Thanks y'all. Scott | | |
| |
| |