| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,126 Posts1,056,351 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 | The internals are not the same for car and truck. The main difference is the counter shaft in a car trans uses a bushing and the truck needle bearing so they will not interchange. The rear bushing and housing are different as well. The gear ratios are different so most of the gears will not work. I think the syncro slider will interchange but not positive.
I have several good truck 3 speeds and have in the past gutted a trans and shipped just the internals in a flat rate USPS box. If your stuck for parts let me know and I'll check out what I have.
| | |
| |
| |