Members, took Jaunita out for her shake down run and after 17 miles I had leak under her belly. The PO had snapped off a bolt holding the torque tube( I think thats what it is called) to the back of the tranny...ofcourse lower one where you need it to be tight.
I crawled under her and I can see the bolt is broken a few threads into the tranny bolt hole( so, no grabbing a little and turning it).
Do I have to take it apart or can I drill a small hole straight thru and either use a easy out or keep making the hole bigger and use a bolt with a nylock nut? Is there an easier way?
Please help, I don't want to drive her while she is leaking like this.
Thanks


1954 Chevy 3100 5-Window
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

"True victory is victory over one's self."
Krav Maga isn't pretty ... but it works just fine.


Jimmi V.