Tim and Brad -

Thanks for the info. I read in the 1954 "factoids" on Tim's site "NEW Chrome deluxe options are again available, including grill, hubcaps, vent window frame, inside and outside window trim, and bumpers." So I thought that maybe my chrome trim was OE.

The truck has chrome bumpers, chrome window trim in and out, but no chrome grill, windshield trim, or chrome vent window frame. I believe that the hub caps are chrome instead of stainless because the one on the spare has some rust inside where the water collected. Seems a lot of trouble for the PO to have chromed the interior and exterior window trim and the rain deflector.

The truck is not too cobbled up. Most of the parts are appropriate for 1954.

Note on the interior window trim: Although they look similar, the stainless trim I bought from a 47-50 (no vent windows) is completely different from my '54 trim. See photo. Non-vent interior trim on left is a little "thinner" than 3/4" at the bottom and a little "thicker" than 3/4" at the top. Interior trim for vent window doors is a little thinner than 1" at the bottom and a little thicker than 1" at the top. Of course there is a cut out for the vent on the bottom of the '54 trim and a screw hole on the bottom of the '54 trim vs no hole on the non-vent trim. There is also a weld visible on the inside of the bottom of the '54 trim near the vent.

>>> EDIT: Can someone confirm that all interior window trim for vent window doors is 1" thick as noted above?

Another StoveBolter has stainless interior trim that will fit my '54. It may be ~7/8" thick.

I don't know if there are any differences in the exterior trim. I haven't pulled mine off yet.

I'll be out of town until the first of Aug., so I won't be able to proceed until then. Not looking forward to removing the window guts to replace the trim, cat's whiskers, wipes, and window felt. Also need to replace a broken lower rear door edge glass guide on the drivers side.

Last edited by LonnieC; 07/19/2011 3:27 PM. Reason: Request for measurement

- Lonnie
My '54 3104
Photos that I have shared on Stovebolt via PhotoBucket are no longer available. Please contact me if you want a photo from an old post.
lonniecook [at] aol [dot] com. I sold my '54 3104 12/12/2017, but I still visit Stovebolt.

OLD STUFF ... houses, furniture, cars, wine ... I love it all