| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Gdads51, Rusty Heaps, FishinToms53, MNSmith, NAPCOStormTrpr, Jon G, Otto Skorzeny, Cletus1950, Peggy M, Shaffer's1950, Leo, GDW, Hanks custodian),
99
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,139 Posts1,056,455 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 | I've called the SC DOT to help muddy the waters even more. The "nice" lady said that there were no new safety or inspection rules attached to this law "at this time". So here in SC you can still operate a farm tagged truck over 26k GVW without a CDL, and there won't be any inspection for my '52. As we already guessed this is a way for big brother to look over your shoulder. I went ahead and applied for a DOT number as we have several modern medium duty trucks on the farm. I really hate the idea of putting the numbers on the side of my COE but guess I will. Does anyone know if a magnetic sign will pass muster? That way I can take it off if I want to. Oh, and SC defines commerse as any furtherance of your business. So going to the lumber yard to get some lumber to work on your barn is the same as hauling a load of hay off to sell. Thanks all. Scott
Last edited by Scott's50; 07/01/2011 12:36 PM.
1947, 1950, & 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 1952 GMC 450 series Cab Over Engine 1946 Chevrolet 2 Ton
| | |
| |
| |