This allegedly '62 GMC has trailing arms and looks just like my '61 Chevrolet underneath. The '62 "GMC" has a Chevrolet cab on it, so I thought it was a Chevy at first, but the fellow insists that it's a GMC with a cab swap. Perhaps it is a Chevrolet, because like I said it looks the same underneath as mine, with the trailing arms and - not leaf springs.
It's probably possible to use my old rearend again, but I think it would be a pain. One of the axles broke while it was being towed (long before I got it) so it hit the road and caused some pretty dents on the brake drum should be. So I would prefer just getting the rearend that would hook right up. Someone gave me a rearend out of a '63 insisting it would work, but I told him, as I am sure most you know, that it wouldn't work because the trailing arms were moved in some inches - so the brackets where it bolts to the trailing arms don't match up...