My 1970 350 has a Rochester 4gc. I don't see a vacuum port for crankcase ventilation. There is a plugged port on the back of the carb at the base--is this for PCV? The engine has chrome dress-up valve covers with vented oil filler caps,but no PCV fitting, plus the tall oil fill tube by the thermostat housing. The firewall is covered in dirty, oily grime. Is it appropriate to replace one of the filler caps with a PCV fitting and pipe it to the port at the back of the carb? I would think an engine of this vintage would have had PCV from the factory. Second, when slowing down fairly rapidly at a stop sign or in a parking lot, the engine will often stall. It starts right back up, and I cannot duplicate this problem in the shop. It definitely seems like a carburetor problem, but what component is at fault---needle valve, floats, jets, metering rods ???