| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,221 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 92 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 92 | I have purchased a new tie rod and tie rod end rebuild kit along with new ball studs for my 3/4ton first series 55. All is going well except I cant seem to figure out how to get the ball studs out of the tie rod end. Should I be able to get it out through the threaded end of the tie rod end? I have the tie rod off completely and the tie rod ends off the tie rod itself and the cap and outer seat are already removed. All that is left is the ball, the inner seat, the stop and the spring.
I am at a loss as to how to do this and the replacement 3/4 ton tie rod ends are hard to find and expensive when found so I dont want to screw these up!!!
Whats down in the well comes up in the bucket, so watch who's KoolAid you drink.
| | |
| |
| |