I need to update, and then pose another question or two. I syphoned the fuel out of the tank in the '61 and put it into my '84. I had been topping off the tank in the '61 every winter and putting fuel additive in it, but truth be told it's had so few miles on it that most of the fuel was probably 4-5 years old. It looked good going through the clear hose into the '84, BUT ... !! It really did a number on my poor '84. It croaked on my way home the other day, even after switching back to the tank with fresh gas after the first "hiccup".

I replaced the fuel filter and blew out the lines connecting it to the carb and the main steel line. Then I took the top off my carb, cleaned out the bowls, injectors, needles, etc... NOTE: IT WAS FILLED WITH RUST/BROWN COLORED CRUD. Reassembled it, sprayed more carb cleaner, and it fired right up. Purred like a kitten. Today on my way to work and back, it ran, but ran rough. I think I might need to repeat yesterday's cleaning.

Now, I go back to the fuel tank that had the bad gas sitting in it for 5 years. Peering into it, it looks okay, but I really can't see much. Should I use a detergent and then WD-40.

Also, I'm thinking of concentrating on the fuel delivery system for a while. Should I get a pre-bent fuel line even though the engine is not the original?

Thanks for all your help. This restoration business is totally new to me. It's been a life-long dream of mine, and despite the occasional snafu's, I'm having FUN! Thanks.