| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
9 members (68ironhead, Woodcmiami, 55shaker, Gdads51, GMCJammer51, 3B, LAJones48, mick53, 50Chevy3100),
107
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,092 Posts1,056,455 Members48,443 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2000 Posts: 800 | And about 10 MPG. It's a heavy sucker too. The v-6 is 100 lbs heavier than the 409 I put in mine. Brad, I missed this before, Sorry. We welded a couple of tabs and bracing onto the front of the stock x-member, and kept it in the stock location. Downside is that the trans and engine would need to come out together, because of the "enclosure" at the rear of the trans. But other than that, it worked out slick. I went with a stock 3 on the tree column shiftand welded up the linkage and turned it into a column shift auto. I got a lokar column cable shifter kit and that was it. | | |
| |
| |