| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,137 Posts1,056,471 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 71 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 71 | Hi there,
I have a 54 Chevy truck 3100, with a 12 volt system and 235 inline 6 engine. I am not getting spark and trying to trouble shoot.
I have properly gapped new spark plugs, properly gapped the points, and purchased new spark plug wires.
I checked the coil and cap for resistance with a voltmeter and both show a reading.
The only thing I can think of is to replace the points/condenser or just get a new distributor.
Before I do that, I wanted to know if it matters how the coil is connected. should the Positive on the coil connect to the starter and the negative to the distributor?
I appreciate the help. Very new to working on trucks and I see the light at the end...
Carlos | | |
| |
| |