| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (Hotrod Lincoln),
130
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 | Sorry in advance for the long post. I'm having some trouble with the starter on my 302. Being a coe, it has the push button starter. Sometimes, when trying to start the engine, the starter will spin the motor for 1- 1 1/2 revolutions then disengage. You can hear the starter still spinning after it disengages from the engine. Thinking the engine was hitting enough to throw the bendix out I pulled the center wire off the distributor with no change in the action of the starter. I would think that if everything was working the starter should spin the motor continually. As a matter of background, this truck has been converted to 12v negative ground. I didn't do the conversion so I don't know how the starter was addressed. The starter will also sometimes stick "out" in the engaged position. In researching this on the forums I see that Spanky (the PO) had the same problem. Usually a sharp rap to the starter will jar it lose, but sometimes I have to loosen the bolts to get the starter to disengage. I did remove the starter and oil the bendix per the manual. This helped but did not solve the sticking. I don't know if the two problems are related to the conversion or not. I do know that when converting to 12 the starter should have been changed and fly wheel band to match. Is there anyway to count the teeth on the starter and the fly wheel band to see if they match. If anyone has any other ideas, I'm all ears. Scott
1947, 1950, & 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 1952 GMC 450 series Cab Over Engine 1946 Chevrolet 2 Ton
| | |
| |
| |