| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
171
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,143 Posts1,056,494 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Nov 2006 Posts: 173 | Ok, in researching this issue a little further I found that a COE starter uses a dual coil solenoid. This replaces the foot lever on the starter on a conventional truck. The solenoid moves a lever on top of the starter to engage it, just like the foot lever. One coil is called the "Pull" coil, that actually pulls the lever back. (Might be "Push" I don't have the repair manual in front of me, but the concept is the same) When the starter energizes it cuts the "Pull" coil off and switches to the "Hold" coil. I guess it is possible that there is a problem with the "Hold" coil on my starter. If that's the case I'd better take it to the auto electric shop and have the coils looked over and a new drive gear, brushes etc. put on. I need to rig up a remote start button so I can watch all this happen. If the lever moves a little or a lot when disengaging might tell me something... Thinking out loud here... Any one got any thoughts about this? Thanks, Scott
1947, 1950, & 1952 Chevrolet 1/2 ton 1952 GMC 450 series Cab Over Engine 1946 Chevrolet 2 Ton
| | |
| |
| |