I don't know if I want to break axels- but I am intrigued by a perky rear. Let me be honest and say that hauling isn't my only concern, sometimes I feel like I'm driving around town with my tail between my legs- So looks factor in here.
New rear springs from benzspring are $233 each, $60 for shipping- which seems... reasonable? (What do I know?)

But isn't there a cheaper way to do this? I often find discussion of the cheap-[censored] way usually keeps me on the straight and narrow, makes me do the RIGHT thing. But what about something like air shocks, like the pair of Gabriel Hi Jackers like Bruce K put on his '59? Or what about helper springs?

Ideally I like the idea of airbags, but probably don't understand what would be involved in retrofitting something like that- since it doesn't seem anyone's making them for '57s. Now that I'm thinking about it, I might as well ask: what would be involved?

Last edited by Traeg; 06/01/2011 10:30 PM.