| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (GMCJammer51, TexasA&M48Truck, 55shaker, Gdads51, Pre '68 Dave, moparguy, 3B),
106
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,091 Posts1,056,390 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 38 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2010 Posts: 38 | After almost a year of working on her, the '57 chevy in the signature link below has been my daily driver for the past month. I can't describe how much satisfaction I've gotten out of driving this old truck- and I look forward to driving it every day! The longer I drive her, the less I want to change her- I really enjoy driving this truck in it's current state- the lack of power steering and brakes- I don't even want to paint anything anymore. The way she is is the way I want her, with 2 key exceptions: First, is there any way to improve the air quality in the cab? I know I need to get the vent cables lubed up and moving again, since they're not right now- But I do get quite a bit of exhaust when idling.
Second- Any suggestions on rear suspension?- I'm riding low in back with a steel plate on worn springs- and am considering everything from airbags to air shocks or coilovers, whatever will work so I can haul some heavy stuff. Thanks-
| | |
| |
| |