| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,262 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | |
#75106 03/21/2007 5:26 AM | Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2003 Posts: 2,953 | The original unit was vulcanized rubber held with a couple of floating rivets. Some companies will re-vulcanize the assembly if you send off your pieces. I found an old piece of thick conveyor belting and made my own. As it is in layers I could strip off the areas I wanted to set the bolts and such in. Frankly its not rocket science and you should be able to figure it out. As a matter of interest I had a 53 on which the pad was never installed. There was no connection between the trans and the crossmember. It worked fine but I did fix it properly when I pulled the engine and trans for a rebuild. | | |
| |
| |