Quote
Originally posted by tclederman:
I heard that it is still used on C4 & C5 Corvettes and modern Aston Martins
I don't know anything about Aston Martins except they are fast and expensive and last I heard Prince Charles had one.

C4 Corvettes used a torque arm between the transmission and the differential. A C4 still has a normal driveshaft with u-joints. The torque arm may serve a similar purpose, but it looks a bit different.

C5 and C6 Corvettes are a bit more different. The motor is in the front like most cars, but the transmission and differential are both at the rear. They do have a tube with a shaft inside it between the front and rear and I presume it is called a torque tube.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...