Brakes can be complicated and your proportioning valve question could be real hard to answer without a lot more information.

My suggestion would be to use an adjustable valve and know you're going to spend some time getting it set up right.

As for the tubing size, I don't know what book you are reading but those I've read say it makes almost no difference. I'd go with 3/16" line in this case because its easier to buy more line at the local parts house than get a different size residual valve from a mail order vender.

Another possible solution is to buy an adapter, but that adds some more joint that might cause problems later.


1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more...
It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble...