| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,087 Posts1,056,340 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Mar 2011 Posts: 457 | You learn something every day. I was getting ready to re-paint some interior screws to hold my new kick panels, and I noticed the threads were copper colored, like the wood screws I use on projects. So, off to the wire wheel for some cleaning, and WOW! These are copper plated! I cleaned about 10 or so, and, no matter what color paint they had on them, they were plated underneath. Maybe this is common Bolter knowledge, but it was news to me!! Stovebolts are cool.
1940 Chevy 1/2 ton pickup "KC" A day without sunshine is like, well, ..... dark! | | | |
Entire Thread
|
Copper plated clutch head screws!
| 40casey | 05/19/2011 12:59 AM | |
| |
| |