Just curious, why? It is much more simple to use what is supposed to go there. I would understand the v-8 thing for easy substantial power. But these old inlines are just as good and better than the engines you speak of IMO. I have a 4.3 in my Safari. I have a 235 in my 62 C-10. The 235 gets way better mileage, and the truck would beat the van in a drag race. It won't even be close when I finish my zoomed up 261. The gearing and radials are the key to how it runs and handles, especially on the freeway. Just my .02. BTW, any relation to Frank an Lena Day from Sheridan? My family (Madia)on my Dad's side is from there. My Grandmas maiden name was Jean Day.


1962 Fleetside 4spd 235 w/O.D. posi 3:90
In the Stovebolt Gallery
1990 Subaru Legacy Wagon AWD 2.2 5sp
2013 Ram Tradesman C/V
My Webshot Photos]